Get here early! That’s our message to supporters attending this Saturday’s Emirates FA Cup fourth qualifying round tie against Woking.
With a large crowd and resulting long queues expected, all supporters are encouraged to get to the ground by 2pm for food, drink and to save a seat/standing spot. Fans arriving any later than 2.45pm are likely to miss kick off.
A big game like this is no ordinary occasion, and, as such, we have also had to make some changes to the typical matchday experience.
One of the biggest changes compared to league matches is that, due to competition rules, no alcohol can be consumed within view of the pitch. To prevent overcrowding in the clubhouse, we have therefore made some alternative arrangements:
- On your right as you enter the stadium car park, you’ll find a card only FANZONE serving a variety of draught beers. The fanzone will be open from 1pm-2.45pm, before re-opening at the final whistle until 6pm. Any alcohol bought in the fanzone must be consumed there and cannot be taken into the ground
- The MAIN BAR in the clubhouse is open, selling a full range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks but please be aware that capacity will be strictly limited, and the bar may not always be accessible. No alcoholic drinks will be permitted outside the clubhouse
Upon arrival, supporters will be split into two groups depending on whether you bought a home or away ticket.
Away ticket holders must use the turnstile to the left of the clubhouse while home ticket holders must use the turnstiles to the right, next to the main gates. These will be clearly signposted as you arrive, while stewards will also be there to direct you.
If you have bought a concession ticket (over 60s/students/U18s) you must also bring ID with you.
There will also be bag and person searches at the turnstiles. If you do need to bring a bag, please note that only small bags, no larger than A4 (297mm x 210mm), will be permitted. We do not have any storage facilities for larger bags.
Once inside, there are plenty of food and soft drink outlets which will open at 1pm, including:
- KEV’S KITCHEN, the main food outlet in the concourse area, selling a wide range of good quality hot food. Due to the large numbers in attendance, there may be longer queues than usual and, in advance, we thank you for your patience and will serve you as quickly as we can
- The ‘bar’ serving hatch, directly next to Kev’s Kitchen, serving soft drinks and snacks
- NEW from this weekend, BEACH HUT BBQ by the left of the main stand (also selling soft drinks and snacks)
- HOWIE’S HORSEBOX, situated to the right of the main stand, serving hot drinks, soft drinks, and snacks
Please note that Howie’s Horsebox is CASH ONLY.
TOILETS can be found inside the clubhouse and facing the pitch in the smaller building on the right as you go through the main turnstiles.
Additional portable toilets can be found behind the main stand and in the fanzone.
If clubhouse capacity is reached, supporters wanting to use the indoor toilets will be directed elsewhere.
Smoking and vaping is strictly prohibited inside the stadium. Smoking areas are available and can be pointed out by our stewards who will be located throughout the ground.
If you need any further help or assistance, please don’t hesitate to ask them.
With your help, we hope these measures will ensure a safe and enjoyable matchday experience for all. However, in case things don’t go as planned or expected, we do ask for patience.
As you can imagine, this sort of occasion doesn’t come round very often and is a first for many of our volunteers who are working hard to help you enjoy yourself as much as possible.
Thank you and see you soon!